[lbo-talk] New stuff from Archimedes

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 07:49:59 PDT 2006

On 8/5/06, joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> See
>
> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/05/ARCHIMEDES.TMP

One of the archeology podcasts I subscribe to went into this. I am a real geek because this kind of stuff always excites me.

But here is something many people don't know. I Pompey a philosopher's home library was found. Unfortunately all of the scrolls were "destroyed". Or so we thought. We now have the technical ability to read those scrolls, only it would cost billions of dollars. So even though we have the ability we don't.

What I would like to find is a lost play by Aeschylus or Sophocles or the memoir Sulla wrote after he retired as dictator and left Rome to his aristo friends. Oh well.

Jerry -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060805/0c69e491/attachment.htm>