[lbo-talk] Ezekiel

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 10:40:05 PDT 2006

Genet ended up defending the Baader-Meinhof.(Ulrike Meinhof quote, "Auschwitz meant that six million Jews were killed, and thrown on the waste-heap of Europe, for what they were represented as: money-Jews.") Two of his PLO friends, in Paris and Rome, were kiled by the PLO.

http://www.geocities.com/martinkramerorg/Genet.htm
>...Genet's sensuality had long been stimulated by the Arab world,
beginning with his service as a soldier in Syria and Morocco. But it was the dramatic pose of the Palestinians that moved him to action. Genet described himself as "enthralled" by the Palestinian hijacking of civilian airliners to Jordan in August and ("Black") September, 1970; a month later, he was with the fedayeen in northern Jordan, at the invitation of Yasir Arafat. The appeal of armed youths bordered on the erotic:

The first two fedayeen were so handsome I was surprised at myself for not feeling any desire for them. And it was the same the more Palestinian soldiers I met, decked with guns, in leopard-spotted uniforms and red berets tilted over their eyes, each not merely a transfiguration but also a materialization of my fantasies.

Genet had found his redemption. He repeatedly returned to Jordan, logging some six months in the remote camps of the fedayeen. Genet freely described his bond with the Palestinians as an "irrational affinity," resting "on an emotional—perhaps intuitive, sensual—attraction; I am French, but I defend the Palestinians wholeheartedly and automatically. They are in the right because I love them."