[lbo-talk] Has the Left Gone Mad?

amadeus amadeus amadeus482000 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 11:34:44 PDT 2006

I don't think there is any humanist, let alone materialist, pretext for support of Hezbollah or any such movement. The tears being cried by American "leftists" showing solidarity to Hezbollah are those of a crocodile. The main irony in the current to-do's is that u.s. imperialism is fighting reaction, opening the dialectical door to secularism again-- witness early on in the Iraq invasion, when Shi'ites bombed the headquarters of the Iraqi Communist Party because of the United States' support for it in the wake of regime collapse. The U.S. bourgeoisie, in the 'war on terror,' is selling the noose to hang itself, and in that inevitability dual defeatism is the only acceptable position.

--adx

"Steven L. Robinson" <srobin21 at comcast.net> wrote: Me too. 60 years ago few - right, left or center- questioned the need to support the Soviets when they were invaded by the Nazis. A rightist like Winston Churchill saw that the necessity of aiding the only force really fighting the Germans and even on the left most of those who criticized the Stalin regime saw the need to provide support for the fight. Now Hezbollah and the Iraqi resistance are the only forces fighting - putting their bodies on the line - the Imperialist occupation/invasion of thie lands. Basic humnity requires some level of support or solidarity. SR

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

I am becoming