[lbo-talk] Drafted Art: Over fifty Israeli Visual Artists issue a statement calling for immediate ceasefire and release of prisoners

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Mon Aug 7 09:43:31 PDT 2006

www.maarav.org.il/draftedart

Over fifty Israeli Visual Artists issue a statement calling for immediate ceasefire and release of prisoners

"…Many of us have signed petitions, participated in demonstrations and distributed important information through the media and internet. These are important actions, but they also increase the feeling of helplessness. There are no magic answers. Every action is a step on the way to change. Instead of being comprised of just names, this exhibition is a petition consisting of visual signatures (using design, photography, comics, painting, video, etc.). We are recruiting our creativity and talent for the fight against war". (from the artist statement)

www.maarav.org.il/draftedart

View this unique petition consisting of the artist statement and visual art as signatures posted as an online exhibit.

Israeli artist who want to join this petition send your art and full name to ronen at maarav.org.il This Petition and Online exhibition is organized by Maarav - Online Art and culture Journal. For more info contact Ronen Eidelman or Galit Eilat