[lbo-talk] Identity Politics, Single Issues and Solidarity

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon Aug 7 09:49:52 PDT 2006

At around 7/8/06 12:35 pm, ravi wrote:

> BklynMagnus writes, while calling on those interested in progressive
> change: "queers can never remain silent when people are persecuted and
> oppressed for their sexual behaviour". Indeed, queers being those very
> same people, would be cowards not to do so (though such cowardice would
> be understandable given the violence that they are met with).

"Coward[ly]" is a strong and mean-spirited word (despite my caveat in parenthesis) and I should have used something better. Perhaps "self-destructive"? Anyway, I apologize if it is (understandably) found insulting.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/