[lbo-talk] putting quackery to the test

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Aug 8 07:54:11 PDT 2006

On Aug 8, 2006, at 5:24 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> But that's what the article reported - a comparison of hippie
> arthritis treatments to orthodox ones (and a placebo). The NIH isn't
> staffed by idiots.

Celebrex is not a treatment for arthritis. It's a palliative. It is generally accepted knowledge that traditional medicine, and pharmaceuticals, will not provide a cure to any disease. I would have expected a 'business observer' to have recognized that axiom.

Are any of those NIH staff taking celebrex?

Martin