[lbo-talk] putting quackery to the test

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Tue Aug 8 13:01:42 PDT 2006

yeah, and just dismiss my criticisms otherwise as my personal problem. don't know ravi -- maybe it's because you think i'm a big meanie who's going to hit you. HA. i like you plenty and enjoy your stuff. which is why i bother to read you when i'm too busy to read anyone else.

i don't have a problem with you. yes, i think you are snide and construct straw people of your opponents when you've smarted from getting jumped on for your pacificism for instance. i understand the sentiment. i dont' understand the continual engagement in it because it gets everyone nowhere.but when that happens, you have tended to lump us all into one big leftist boat and failed to give anyone the dignity of individual thought.

anyway, i apologize for thinking you introduced the term. I barely read doug's commentary. i was responding to carrol. _I_ replied to ravi who appeared to use the term to me and I was explained why I used it back.

And yes, ravi, i continue to think you snark at your opponents who you've decided have nothing but poorly thought out reasons for not being big fans of homeopathic remedies. i'd say that wether you wrote the term hippie medicine or not. you snarked at the guy's article the whole time, denying the very things he said at all. it isn't putting his words in the best light possible. it is setting fire to straw. the guy doesn't denounce all "natural" medicines. he doesn't hold wester med on a pedastal.

he ever told people not to get all smug about the results!

and yet, the article was treated as if it were all smug about the results!