[lbo-talk] Lieberman concedes

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Aug 7 20:57:19 PDT 2006

....i know them all: coolest bunch of lefties anywhere. Let's help put them in power! mike larkin

--------

If this is true, and I certainly hope it is, then I am at least moderately cheered up. Well, that news and a homemade Martinis with Noilly Prat and Bombay, 1:4. They were out of Sapphire, always a dark cloud somewhere.

According to Google, Lieberman concedes:

``Aug 08 2006 11:12 PM

HARTFORD -- U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman conceded losing today's Democratic primary to Greenwich businessman Ned Lamont, but vowed to continue his quest to serve another term in Washington.

Taking the stage at 11:03 p.m. in Hartford, Lieberman said Lamont won by playing "partisan politics" and focusing on "insults instead of ideas."...''

CG