[lbo-talk] Fwd: Change to Win: Stand up for universal health care

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 9 14:37:19 PDT 2006

--- Change to Win <takeaction at changetowin.org> wrote:

Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:04:07 GMT From: "Change to Win" <takeaction at changetowin.org> Subject: Stand up for universal health care

We believe that the time has come for universal health care -- and you can help make it a reality.

The Citizens' Health Care Working Group was set up by Congress to find out how to fix our broken health care system. It is currently talking to average Americans around the country to find out how we feel about the state of health care today.

This important group has developed a set of proposed solutions for the health care crisis, and they are seeking comments from the public on their recommendations. The comment period ends on August 31 -- and with it, our opportunity to ensure that the needs of working people are addressed when the recommendations are presented to Congress.

You can help by submitting comments on the Working Group's recommendations. Follow this link to go to a Web page where you can read and comment on each recommendation:

* http://www.citizenshealthcare.gov/speak_out/ircomment1.php

There are six different recommendations on the online form that you can comment on. We believe the last two recommendations on this form are the most important ones to comment on. While they are not numbered online, they are Recommendation 5 (which has two parts) and Recommendation 6.

We've prepared talking points for you to look over as you provide your comments on these two recommendations. You can download them (in Adobe PDF format) by following this link:

* http://www.changetowin.org/pdf/CHCWGTalkingPoints.pdf

If you would like more information, including an analysis and critique of the Working Group's recommendations, you can go here:

* http://www.uhcan.org/campaign/files/resources/analysis.doc

Working people's voices need to be heard in this debate. The health of our families depends on it. Help us make a better future by standing up for universal health care today!

Thanks for all your support,

Anna Burger Chair, Change to Win

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.

http://changetowinaction.org/join-forward.html? domain=ctw_action&r=rpLEwlK1DPIe

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Change to Win at:

http://changetowinaction.org/ctw_action/join.html?r=rpLEwlK1DPIeE