[lbo-talk] Boycott Japan and China

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Aug 9 21:24:10 PDT 2006

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> My S. Korean friends in Seoul and Gwangju insist
> China has become S. Korea's primary export market.
> The more, shall we say, nationalistic among them (the
> ones who'd like Asia to turn its back on the
> pain-in-ass US once and for all) may be overstating
> the case so I'd be interested in learning where you
> get your stats from.

Eurostat's GDP data at market exchange rates (I assumed 1 EUR = $1.25, 110 yen = 1$). I should note this is trade in goods only -- the EU's trade in services are about 30% the size of traded goods, so total trade exposure is a wee bit higher. Still, the world is a lot less dependent on the US that was the case ten years ago.

-- DRR