[lbo-talk] All Hail the Lamont Campaign Staff!!!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 10 09:59:22 PDT 2006

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Sounds pretty rosy. In fact, a bit too rosy.

Without reading I probably agree with what you say on your blog.

But let's say Lamont is an even greater "leftist" than is wildest fan on the left could hope. I saw in the Tribune this a.m. that a bill to screw up abortion for minors passed 65 to something. So to make much of a difference, we need to elect _at least_ 16 more of these chimeric Lamonts. Now "we" won't do that, but the victory of Lamont will seduce several thousand leftists into relaxing into their daydream of a progressive DP, with that much weakening of the core that might build progressive mass movements or, even, an electoral party to the left of the DP.

Sad.

Carrol