[lbo-talk] All Hail the Lamont Campaign Staff!!!

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 13:16:40 PDT 2006

On 8/10/06, Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [Boy, no one's going to outflank you guys on the left, nosirree! But let's
> not forget what we're up against with Likudnik Lieberman:]

It is not a matter of being more radical than thou. What is sad about Lamont is that we have to enthuse over someone whose social program is essentially to the right of Richard Nixon. This has nothing to do with Lamont but rather with the times and our own lack of power. So sure, use Lamont as a protest vote or as a way to argue against the war (but hardly against U.S. imperialism or even against jingoism... ) but don't think that electing Lamont is anything but electing another bastard.

Jerry