[lbo-talk] Any thoughts on the latest all terror all the time drama from today?

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Aug 10 17:15:04 PDT 2006

Stephen Philion wrote:

>Any thoughts on the latest terror drama being played out on TV and
>at the >airports? Interesting timing if nothing else...

We know three facts: (1) The "plot" was discussed at length between Bush and Blair *last Sunday* (according to this evening's *Le Journal* on France 2) even though the latest NYTIMES article claims that the roundup was decided only two days ago; (2) No material evidence was reportedly seized during the arrests; and (3) Pakistani Intelligence (aka Taliban) played a major role in unmasking the "plot."

Conclusion: A patent police provocation with perfectly obvious political purposes--probably staged prematurely before the evidence could be planted because the whole mess was about to unravel.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos