Cox &Plato (was Re: [lbo-talk] putting quackery to the test)

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Thu Aug 10 20:14:21 PDT 2006

At around 10/8/06 10:36 pm, Shane Mage wrote:
>> Plato claimed that a mathematician wasn't a mathematician when he was
>> committing an error.
>
> More of his perpetual idiotic hostility to the fountainhead of all
> philosophy.

Perhaps I understand the term "fountainhead" wrong (have to consult my Ayn Rand ;-))... or did Plato contribute to the Upanishads, etc, in some way? And what of these fellows Pythagoras and Heraklitos whom you are fond of?

--ravi (I cannot believe I am starting another east v west war!)

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/