[lbo-talk] putting quackery to the test

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Aug 11 19:00:03 PDT 2006

Interesting you mention leeches. They are synonymous with medical quackery in most everyone's minds, but the New Yorker ran a terrific little article last year about how medical science is discovering that it has absolutely nothing to beat the ability of leeches to clean/cauterize and help heal wounds of a certain type.

Some guy is doing a thriving business in breeding leeches for western/modern/hi tech medical use.

Joanna