[lbo-talk] chutzpah

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Aug 12 11:55:08 PDT 2006

Jerry Monaco wrote:

> On 8/11/06, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
> > Headline in today's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
> >
> > > Santorum accuses Dems of politicizing terror war

> I accuse Santorum (and most politicians in our country) of
> "depoliticizing" politics.

"Accuse" is the wrong word. The purpose of politicians in capitalist democracies is to depoliticize politics. One's attitude towards DP/RP politicians should be the same as Swift's towards the hawk that was preying on his chickens. He didn't blame it for being what it was, but nevertheless was happy when someone shot it.

Carrol