[lbo-talk] Bush admin pressed Brits to arrest suspects

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 13 15:47:02 PDT 2006

If they were indeed planning on using explosives to bring down commercial jets they should be legally prevented from doing so. The evidence appears to support this idea although it equally suggests that this was not an immediate threat in that no airline tickets had been purchased nor had specific flights been selected. It is because of these facts that their arrest AT THIS TIME is not automatically to be considered "a good thing".

If they were arrested before the investigating persons involved felt it was in the best interests of the case because of political reasons then the person or persons who made that decision should be dismissed from their jobs. Protecting the public from people who wish to cause harm to innocents should never be politicized. The publics safety and the strength of the investigation alone should be the determining factors in when to move in and apprehend those under surveillance. Not if an immediate arrest would be beneficial for someones professional ambitions. That seemed to me to be the only thing anyone was questioning. Not whether they should be prevented from following through with their plan.

John Thornton