[lbo-talk] Bush admin pressed Brits to arrest suspects

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 13 22:24:43 PDT 2006

> No need for apologies. You don't sound stuffy at
> all. You sound gullible.
>
> Carl

Right, everyone knows that I am a total sucker for Bush administration propaganda. that is why I support the war in Iraq, because Bush had to disarm the weapons of mass destruction after Saddam blew up the Twin Towers.

I'm perfectly willing to believe that the busts here timed to help Bush's election push. That doesn't mean that now wasn't a good time to make them in terms of stopping terror attacks. It's possible that the busts may help Bush's election goals. It's certain that there is an unholy alliance of interest between Bush and the terrorists -- they really need each other.

Speaking of gullible, or may naive, you and some others on this list sometimes sound as if you think that terrorism is not a serious problem, just a phony excuse for Bush to get what he wants.

Let me ask you, what do you think we should do, here and now, in the real world with a right wing administration that abuses real threats for political advantage and to stifle civil liberties -- but where the threats are real. No Utopian suggestions like: world revolution, or elect a government that cares about civil liberties.

Right here and now, what do we do about people who want to blow up trains, planes, and buildings to make political points? You can throw the Israelis and the US and the Brits into that mix, they are terrorists too, and of course we can protest and petition and condemn, but we also have to deal with the Islamist terrorists. Concrete suggestions, Mr. Non-Gullible, please.