[lbo-talk] Not making war on Israel

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 14:40:53 PDT 2006

--- Michael McIntyre <mcintyremichael at mac.com> wrote:

> Angelus,
>
> Granted that it would be a bad idea for the U.S. to
> declare war on
> Israel, what do you think should be done about the
> latest war?
> Israel has now invaded Lebanon in 1978, 1982, 1993,
> 1996, and 2006.
> That's quite a record of aggression. Any ideas on
> how to stop it?

I think the only way for any war-making state to be hindered is for a critical mass of the domestic population of that state to be engaged in active opposition to their own state.

Probably not a big likelihood in the case of Israel at this point, but then, I don't think opposition to Israel should be the highest priority for communists.