[lbo-talk] Not making war on Israel

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 15:00:26 PDT 2006

> What about American commies? Israel gets a lot of
> money and weapons
> from us, and starts lots of wars our government
> likes.

I think "stop U.S. arms to Israel" is an acceptable demand within the United States, as long as activists are aware that the possibility always exists that the U.S. could abandon Israel if it becomes too much of a liability. The U.S. has portrayed former allies as rogue states before (cf. Saddam Hussein), and the U.S.-Israel friendship is not even very old. The U.S. is not likely to dump Israel in the near future, but I don't think it is as much of an impossibility as many on this list suggest.

If and when that day comes, I think the Left would have to re-position itself on this question.