[lbo-talk] Chertoff: We must "eliminate people who are susceptible to becoming killers"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 16:33:25 PDT 2006

Via Boing Boing!:

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/08/14/chertoff_we_must_eli.html

Chertoff: We must "eliminate people who are susceptible to becoming killers"

Michael Norto (retired journalist: The AP and BBC, 1988-2004, in Haiti) says:

Heard Aug. 11, an NPR interview with Michael Chertoff, US cop of cops. The question he addresses is long-term anti-terrorist policy, the need for psychological studies of what makes "a person turn from an ordinary person to a bomber."

This is his answer:

"Clearly at the end of the day, we've got to eliminate that pool of people who are susceptible to becoming killers."

"Eliminate"? The interviewer did not ask him to elaborate. Il a la tete de l'emploi, as one says in French.