[lbo-talk] Sorros on the terror war

parthasarathy kalalesrinivasaranga kalalepsarathy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 09:42:23 PDT 2006

I fully concurr with Sorro. Here in India , the ruling class has started clubbing terrorism with militants fighting for economic justice and those, rightly or wrongly fighting their own war for self determination or autonomy. Political and social questions cannot be solved militarily. Even the 9/11 had to be understood in terms of the perceived or real injustice emanating from the US policies. In India in the name of fighting terror the police and inttlelligence force is being strengthened disproportionately and it is bount to act fascist on civil society.

Immediately after 9/11 I sent a mail to White house quoting an ancient Sanskrit statement of wisdom: the best way to fight this terror is not to earn enemies and widen the cirlcle of friends. But what happenned is a policy flow born of arrogance of power.

-- kalalepsarathy