[lbo-talk] Bush admin pressed Brits to arrest suspects

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 11:04:41 PDT 2006

>From: andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>
>
> > You've simply taken Cold War talking points and
> > cut-and-pasted "Islamic"
> > where the word "Communist" used to be. I have to
> > assume you're saving your
> > creative thinking for the paying customers.
>
>You're full of shit. I was a "revisionist
>Sovietologist" who spent decades fighting against the
>Cold War and its mythologies ...

Neat. I hope you show us your medals sometime.

>The Islamists, by contrast are not a power or a
>nation; they do say the things I attribute to them;
>they have done so consistently for 70 years and they
>have never said anything else, and they have acted
>aggressive not to defend their borders, which,a part
>from a brief period in Afghanistan. they have not got,
>but to promote the fundi Islamic ideals they advocate
>through the Muslim world. They are a minority. Most
>Arab and Muslim leaders are moderate and conservative
>realists in world politics. This goes for the
>Iranians too, which indicates that not all fundi
>Islamists are the same ...

Great, so these bogeymen-bent-on-world domination of yours are an Islamic minority and not in power. As I said: (1) ignore them and (2) give the rest of the Islamic community no reason to pay attention to them, by the simple expedient of canceling America's blank-check support of Israel.

> > In short, we can't deal effectively with Islamic
> > hatred in a direct way. We
> > have to make Moslems not hate us. And if that makes
> > things tough for
> > Israel, tough.
>
>Have I given you the impression that it would bother
>me if that would make things tough for Israel? Do you
>assume that just because I am Jewish =h that I am some
>sort of Zionist?

No. Don't be rebarbative.

Carl