[lbo-talk] Bush admin pressed Brits to arrest suspects

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 16 08:34:33 PDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 11:24 AM, Chris Doss wrote:

> <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> The Islamists, by contrast are not a power or a
>> nation; they do say the things I attribute to them;
>> they have done so consistently for 70 years and they
>> have never said anything else, and they have acted
>> aggressive not to defend their borders, which,a part
>> from a brief period in Afghanistan. they have not
>> got,
>> but to promote the fundi Islamic ideals they
>> advocate
>> through the Muslim world.
>
> Give up Justin. You've won the argument. It's hopeless
> to argue with entrenched positions divorced from
> reality, whether it's with Islamism or America-is-the-source-of-all-
> evilism.

Wait a minute. Does this mean that you think Islamists would be plotting to blow up planes or drive them into tall buildings if the US hadn't supported Israel and a host of reactionary, corrupt Arab regimes for years, and more recently, invaded Iraq, with the support of that lickspittle Blair? And you think that they'd still be as perfervid (to use Marty Peretz' favorite word) if the US changed its policies?

Doug