[lbo-talk] Iran: World Bank Gender Stats

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 16 08:43:25 PDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> In any case, what Iranian women have achieved ought to be publicized
> better, so that Americans and others can see that it is worth
> defending from the threat of economic sanctions and worse.

I'll be interviewing Val Moghadam in about 2 hrs - any questions you'd like me to ask her.

One can be object to sanctions without getting starry-eyed about the Iranian regime. Just like Iraq.

And why is one of the world's biggest oil producers a lower-middle- income country? Its income & social indicators are on a par with Peru.

Doug