[lbo-talk] former young fogey specifies The Problem with Islam

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 07:16:41 PDT 2006

Doug posted:

Wall Street Journal - August 17, 2006

'Islamofascism' By ROGER SCRUTON

<snip>

Whenever I consider this matter [Sayyid Qutb's "fanaticism and egomania"] I am struck by a singular fact about the Christian religion, a fact noticed by Kierkegaard and Hegel but rarely commented upon today, which is that it is informed by a spirit of irony.

[...]

Well there's a good reason this "singular fact" is "rarely commented upon today"...

It's a load of bollocks.

How tiresome it is to read, again and again and yet again, these high falutin dissections of Islam built upon the notion that the West has moved on from fundamentalist concerns.

.d.

I never liked you Rusty...you were always a smart alec, a sass mouth and a bit of a giggle puss.

Dr. Impossible

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/