[lbo-talk] Noam takes on the 9/11 conspiracists

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Thu Aug 17 12:09:31 PDT 2006

At around 17/8/06 2:58 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2006, at 2:42 PM, ravi wrote:
>
>> I watched only the first minutes, and what impressed me the most
>> (perhaps because of my choice of filters) is how basically decent and
>> rational he is in responding to such theories or questions; quite the
>> opposite of the ridicule and dismissive tone of response found in many
>> others.
>
> You don't hear the ridicule and dismissive tone under the rationality?
> "Anybody who knows anything about the sciences would instantly discount
> that evidence." That's ChomSpeak for "you ignorant slut."

Ah, well I guess I didn't hear that. But let me try to save my case by clarifying that my essential point is that if questions are raised, one can ignore them (on the basis of lack of time) or address them rationally. Not dismiss them using a phrase like "conspiracy theory". Even the response "anybody who knows about the science would dismiss this evidence" is a better and rational response.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/