[lbo-talk] On Islamic radicalism and the left by Don Hamerquist

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 22:16:30 PDT 2006

On 8/17/06, Seth Ackerman <sethackerman1 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > Sorry to be so coy - I was talking about Yoshie's billets doux to
> > Ahmadinejad.
>
> How felicitous. "Billet" is also the French neologism for "post," as in
> "blog post."

Ha, ha, ha, Ned Lamont doesn't turn me on, nor does Jonathan Tasini.

Too bad my Persian Prince can't read English, though I doubt he would appreciate what I said if he could, given what he says in his blog: "In order to stop the university students from joining the revolution, the traitorous shah and his clan tried to abolish Islamic belief and revolutionary motives among students, by propagating immorality, promiscuity, and perversion in universities in Iran. Although a small number of students fell into their traps, but in general, university converted to a base for demonstration against shah's regime" (at <http://www.ahmadinejad.ir/en/In%20His%20Name/>). :->

I'm afraid there will be nothing about his sex life in his blog, although, it must be said, at least he managed to get married and have three children, unlike Ralph Nader, whose sex life is a bigger mystery to me than that of the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran. :->

Oh well, at least Ahmadinejad got elected, whereas Nader couldn't even get on ballots in many states, including Ohio! America's plutocratic Guardian Council excludes populists more rigorously than Iran's theocratic Guardian Council. And even when they manage to claw onto ballots, most Americans don't vote for them either! Hell, they may not even vote for Lamont:

"[T]he Quinnipiac University poll shows that Lamont still has an uphill battle against Lieberman, the 2000 nominee for vice president who is now running an independent campaign. Lieberman leads Lamont among registered voters 49 percent to 38 percent. Republican Alan Schlesinger gets support from 4 percent. . . . Among likely voters in Thursday's poll, Lieberman was supported by 53 percent, compared to Lamont's 41 percent and Schlesinger's 4 percent," <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20060814/044195.html>.

What's the matter with America? -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>