[lbo-talk] Any ideas?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 07:39:17 PDT 2006

I've been having an unusual email correspondence. I posted an announcement on the expat.ru site (a site used by English-speaking foreigners in Moscow) saying I was looking for an apartment. I then received an email from a would-be renter who turned out to be -- a former columnist for the Russia Journal, whose name I shall not mention here for privacy purposes).

When said person (SP) founf out I used to edit SP's columns at the Russia Journal, SP told me that he/she had been basically barred from publication in foreign media for having unpopular, anti-Western opinions about Khodorkovsky, Iraq and a number of other subjets. SP asked me if I had any contacts that might help he/she get published. I really liked SP's columns, so I said sure, I'll help as much as I can.

Does anybody here have any ideas? Thanks! I am sure that SP will be very grateful.