[lbo-talk] Broadcast News

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri Aug 18 09:11:37 PDT 2006

I listen a lot to KPFA. I absolutely abhor the talk show format. First of all there a lot of people who call in at every opportunity to make the same point over and over, like some woman who called in about some judge in Oakland. Most of the callers tend to be rhetorical. The questions are rarely on the subject. I have been fortunate, however. For the most part, when I have been on the station, the questions have been quite good. Maybe I just wasn't talking about the subjects that set off the callers that bother me. I listen a lot to KPFA. I absolutely abhor the talk show format. First of all there a lot of people who call in at every opportunity to make the same point over and over, like some woman who called in about some judge in Oakland. Most of the callers tend to be rhetorical. The questions are rarely on the subject. I have been fortunate, however. For the most part, when I have been on the station, the questions have been quite good. Maybe I just wasn't talking about the subjects that set off the callers that bother me.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu michaelperelman.wordpress.com