[lbo-talk] Noam takes on the 9/11 conspiracists

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 18 13:44:26 PDT 2006

I wonder how conversations go between Noam and his 'conspiranoid' buddies such as Daniel Ellsberg, Howard Zinn and Richard Falk go? Perhaps they just skip the whole issue all together lest Daniel, Howard and Richard give Noam 'flak'... While Falk and Zinn have not engaged in any specific theorizing themselves (Ellsberg on the other hand has http://www.infowars.com/articles/terror/pentagon_papers_author_gov_maybe_did_911.htm ) they have supported and endorsed the work of many especially David Ray Griffin and by extension the many whose work Griffin's is based upon. The idea that Noam is afraid of 'flak' is ridiculous. Legions of progressive thinker who have been fellow travellers of Noam's over the decades are skeptical of the official story and have expressed their opinions accordingly. I suspect that to the extent Noam is afraid of flak it is not from the so-called 'conspiranoids' who he ignores anyway, but people in the establishment and close-minded 'progressives' who have resolved to stand by the neo-cons and their bogus 9-11 story to the bitter end.

Elsewhere in this thread a certain Jerry Monaco has put forward a rather nonsensical assessment of 'conspiranoids' employing a device favored by those in the pro-official story camp - wherein you don't actually argue the points raised by those skeptical on the official story, but instead create intellectual parodies or caicatures of same and then have a field day arguing against those.

9-11 is not a 'special' issue, it is no different than any other political phenomena, try thinking about it that way and drop the 'conspiranoid' stuff, lets just use plain English (or whatever language one chooses).

Joe W.