[lbo-talk] Broadcast News

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 04:34:00 PDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:

> I listen to lots of NPR, but at this point I want to get XM or Sirius
> when I have some money, so I can have a choice when I'm driving. I've
> been listening often to a local "alternative" station, but I start
> beating my head against the steering wheel when they repeat Modest Mouse
> songs every fucking hour.

My GF has Sirius (she got it for Howard Stern, who I get tired of after about 20 min.). While some of the music stations are good esp. for the lack of commercials, the news channels are pretty disappointing. Listening to NPR news tends to make me want to die and they seem to have dropped the BBC. The CBC is stereotypically dorky but still beats NPR.

I'm holding out for a cheapo digital player that plugs into the cigarette lighter to listen to podcasts.

-- Andy