[lbo-talk] A question for the anti-"conspiracy"-theorists about9/11

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Aug 21 17:15:41 PDT 2006

The thing I really don't get about this question is that it doesn't seem like there's any disagreement who did it: Osama bin Laden says that Mohammad Atta and the rest did this. In order to believe that the government did whatever any one of these theorists say they did, you'd have to believe that bin Laden is going along with it.

All these discussions about how hard it is to fly or what it takes to coordinate such an operation are all just an exhibition of what I call the "GSP Syndrome" -- the Generic Smart Person Syndrome. The GSP thinks about it for a minute and thinks: hey, wait: isn't this _hard_ to do? What do I know about it? I can Google some things, I know how to read, I know how to form an opinion, I know how to attack things from logical standpoints, I know a contradiction when I see it ... and soon they have a whole 'theory' about what did and what didn't happen.

Bleah. These guys did it, despite it being hard and depite them being stupid. Their masters thanked them for their sacrafice.

Get over it.

/jordan