[lbo-talk] Dramatic reading on women's rights and slavery movements on WBAI

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Tue Aug 22 08:27:30 PDT 2006

Carol Hanisch, a founding member of NY Radical Women, and the person to whom we can attribute the phrase, 'the personal is political' (though she meant it entirely differently than what is popularly meant by the term), is featured on a WBAI radio program this week.

details here:

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/08/22/carol-hanisch-unity-and-conflicts/

A portion of my dramatic reading about the unity and conflicts in the woman's rights and the anti-slavery movements over the vote will air on WBAI on Thursday. Listeners outside the NY/NJ area can hear the program online by visiting www.wbai.org and clicking on live streaming. After the 24th, it can also be heard by going to the same link, clicking on archives and scrolling down to the date and time of show and clicking on "play download."

Thursday, August 24, at 11:00 AM

JOY OF RESISTANCE the multi-cultural feminist radio program on WBAI 99.5 FM Radio

presents

"PROMISE AND BETRAYAL"

VOICES FROM THE STRUGGLE FOR WOMEN'S EMANCIPATION A Dramatic Reading with Music

created by Women's Liberation Pioneer Carol Hanisch, followed by a short discussion with the playwright and actors.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org