[lbo-talk] A question for the anti-"conspiracy"-theorists about 9/11

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Aug 22 13:39:32 PDT 2006

ravi wrote:

> Funny to see a bunch of [what I suspect are] white guys
> re-characterizing a simple question from a brown guy as driven by
> anti-brown-skin racism (though I guess the device of "self-hating X" can
> be borrowed from the right). Funnily enough, they are probably correct
> in their analysis (when applied reflectively) that we tend to see what
> we want to see.

Ravi,

My point about the racism involved in 9/11 conspiracy theories has nothing to do with you. I've been pointing the racism connection to friends for the past five years. I picked up on this years ago in conjunction with criticism of the UFO movement. It caught my attention because I was really into UFOs and science fiction as a teenager. I even saw one of those films released back in 1977 which argued that the pryamids in Egypt, the Nazca lines in Peru, and many other ancient structures were the work of aliens.

Chuck