[lbo-talk] MySpace, the Gutenberg edition

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Aug 24 20:28:24 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> It's owned by Rupert Murdoch, who does know something about magazines.

Doh!

But I wonder if anybody ran this idea past him.

It would be interesting to see what kind of magazine they launch. Would it be something aimed at young women? Women's magazines are doing much better than magazines in other categories. This is noticeable even at a local Borders, which put it's women magazines on the racks facing the doors and switched the "current events" and news magazines to the back.

I'm just hoping that the Myspace magazine has an unreadable design like most pages on Myspace.

Chuck