[lbo-talk] We Heart Osama

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Aug 25 07:04:36 PDT 2006

Received a recent quote from Hitchens, who appeared on a rightwing radio show (on which he's a reg), stating that much of the left still reveres bin Laden and views him as a liberation theologist.

Oh yeah -- there was a definite Niger/yellowcake/Saddam connection, it was Hitchens who uncovered this plot, as he told his host. Also, the invasion showed us that Saddam had full WMD-making capability.

And so on.

Now, can anyone find me a single, unambiguous pro-bin Laden quote from any reputable antiwar figure? I know a certain headcase will flood the list with all manner of obscure quotes taken from rightwing/Nazi/bizarro sites, etc. But I'm talking about a person who is recognized in the main of the antiwar movement who believes that bin Laden is a "liberation theologist."

Dennis