[lbo-talk] WMT goes orgo

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Aug 25 11:13:15 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> The Nation - September 11, 2006
>
> Mean or Green?
> by LIZA FEATHERSTONE

This is an excellent article by Liza. She touches all the bases here on this issue.

The entry of Wal-mart into the organics arena will be an unmitigated disaster for small farmers, the food supply, consumers, and the entire ecosystem. When we have fewer corporations controlling the food supply, we inch closer to a disastrous Soviet-style, top down agricultural and food distribution system. All we need is for a few middle managers at Wal-mart's Arkansas HQ to make a few bad decisions and the disaster that results would be very interesting.

One only needs to look at Wal-mart's past practices with its suppliers to see how it will treat farmers. Farmers are underpaid as it is for their crops and Wal-mart's low prices fascism will force more farmers out of business.

What we need is a movement that burns all of these fucking stores to the ground.

Chuck Out here in Wal-Mart land