[lbo-talk] RE:P MEMRI: Anti-Semitism Documentation Project

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 25 12:20:53 PDT 2006

On Aug 25, 2006, at 3:07 PM, Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Nope, as I've told you before, esp. in that region of the world, no
> STATE or sub-state actor) should have those satanic weapons.
> But, in your view, once the genie is out of the bottle, everyone
> should have nukes. That for example, India and Pakistan almost came to
> nuclear war over Kashmir, so what?

They didn't though. I don't think MAD is totally wrong.

The US would never ever give up nuclear weapons. Neither would Russia, Britain, France, or China. And that's not an exhaustive list. So what's a small, unliked country to do but acquire its own? By what authority, other than brute domination, could the nuclear consortium deny it to others?

Doug