[lbo-talk] Tony Cliff on the Muslim Brotherhood

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 15:12:03 PDT 2006

--- "www.leninology. blogspot.com" <leninology at hotmail.com> wrote:
> But I am
> curious about your criticisms of his economic
> writings. Is it a theoretical disagreement or what?

I have to go to sleep, so I will post something more coherent later, but in short, Harman seems to have an "irreversible decline" view of Capitalist crisis. This "final crisis" view is shared in common with the Krisis group (www.krisis.org) and their split-off Exit (www.exit-online.org), who, despite their brilliance on some things, are making what I think is a significant theoretical error.

I would argue that there is no "collapse" theory of capitalist crisis by Marx, but if there is, it's something that we must reject.

I will write more later.