[lbo-talk] Bush's palace rises from the ashes of Baghdad

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Fri Aug 25 21:01:01 PDT 2006

At around 25/8/06 10:31 pm, jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> How can anyone possibly go to a site like this in a country like Iraq
> and not be deeply ashamed? I don't mean this rhetorically. I cannot
> for the life of me understand how any decent human being from a
> wealthy country can stand in the middle of such extravagance
> surrounded by so much unfilled need and not just break down.

I don't know... in the midst of abject poverty and misery, how can people like me spend the almighty dollar at upscale malls in India, the tiny obscenely wealthy throw million dollar weddings, a slightly smaller number parrot Western right-wing rhetoric to justify their newfound wealth, etc, etc? Nothing to be ashamed of, man. It's fucking India Shining!

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/