[lbo-talk] Hitch on ObL as liberation theologist

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Aug 26 09:34:42 PDT 2006

The other day, Dennis Perrin reported that Christopher Hitchens has been on right-wing radio claiming that the antiwar left loves Osama, and views him as a liberation theologist. I wrote to Hitch asking him to name some names and quote some quotes, conceding that with an 8- month-old infant, I may be a little behind on the news. Here's his response (needless to say, this is a nonsensical characterization of Bruce Lawrence, whom I interviewed at <http:// www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html#051117>):