[lbo-talk] passing the hat for Tasini in New York against Hillary

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 09:40:44 PDT 2006

Jonathan Tasini is running for Senate in New York against Hillary Clinton. The primary is Sept. 12. As we all know, Hillary Clinton is the standard-bearer for the status quo wing on a range of issues, from the war in Iraq to health care to NAFTA. Tasini is running on a strong progressive platform, including US out of Iraq, support for single-payer national health insurance, and opposition to NAFTA. How Jonathan does will be seen, rightly or wrongly, as an indicator of how strong the anti-war forces are nationally and in New York, and how much Hillary can ignore the peace movement in her parade to coronation as the Dem presidential nominee in 2008.

I figure a lot of folks could chip in $20 without really noticing. And everyone could give $5.

To do so using your credit card takes about 17 seconds:

http://www.actblue.com/page/tasiniforpeace

Act Blue doesn't take any cut of your contribution.