[lbo-talk] Hezbollah's Al-Manar TV survived attacks

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Aug 27 16:10:07 PDT 2006

Marvin Gandall wrote:

> Incidentally, I don't believe leaders are "stupid" (ok, I will make an
> exception for Bush) although they do miscalculate. Olmert, Peretz, and
> Halutz, as we know, miscalculated badly.

But they can be incredibly stupid. Take for example WWI, where the "leaders" persisted in fighting a ninteenth century war against machine guns. Hundreds of thousands of men perished because of that stupidity.

The current situation is similar. Now the guys with big guns keep wanting to fight WWII over and over. Doesn't work against well organized guerilla fighters enganing on their home turf.

Joanna