[lbo-talk] NYTimes Editorial: Rise of Pessimism

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 28 09:31:13 PDT 2006

>From: kevin island <kevin_island2003 at yahoo.com>
>
>August 28, 2006
> Editorial Observer
> What Is the Latest Thing to Be Discouraged About? The Rise of Pessimism
> By ADAM COHEN
>
> ... Part of Mr. Bush’s legacy may well be that he robbed America of its
>optimism ...

What twaddle. Yes, if I were a capitalist, an imperialist or a religious fanatic, I would be pessimistic now, but I am none of the above. What GWB robbed America of is its *delusions.* The wheels have come off the pro-biz, pro-military, pro-God bandwagon of the last quarter century. For the left, there is every reason to be optimistic.

Carl