[lbo-talk] The upcoming election for KPFA, the community radio in Berkeley--please get involved-- forward message

sepideh koosha sepidehkpfalsb at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 16:44:19 PDT 2006

Mr. Henwood,

I don't remember meeting you or seeing you in any KPFA board meetings. How do you know about the level of the sanityof the KPFA/Pacifica board members? Are you just relying on gossips? Aren't you a journalist who should get the bottom of rumors? And as Joe asked, could you please identify insane ones? Asking me, American left in general is in desparate need of sane and principled people. Sepideh

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

On Aug 30, 2006, at 6:15 PM, sepideh koosha wrote:

> The deadline for eligibility to vote in the KPFA election or to run as
> a candidate is September 1st. In order to be eligible one must have
> contributed at least the minimum of $25 to KPFA in the past year. The
> most expedient way to do this is online at
> http://www.kpfa.org/support/ . Please forward this reminder to your
> friends and colleagues who may be KPFA listeners and who may want to
> participate in the upcoming election.
> The final date to declare your intention to run is September 25th.
> Please go to http://www.kpfa.org/elections/ to download election
> materials.
> Please get involved to preserve, maintain and improve this precious
> institution.

Indeed, but only if you're sane. Pacifica is desperately in need of sane people to serve on the local boards.