[lbo-talk] Sistani, Elections, and Sectarianism (was Poll: They really don't want us there)

Eric Beck rayrena at realtime.net
Thu Aug 31 10:57:23 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

>Thrilled? By the Sadrists? Really? Do you have any political
>philosophy these days, or is it just that Cockburnesque love of
>fucking things up?

Carroll called me incoherent for naming it anti-Americanism, but it's really hard to see any other philosophy behind these ceaseless graspings at statist (always they must be statist) actors that can be seen as opposing the hegemon. It's all about forming an alliance against the U.S., and really any nasty thug that tries to fill that role, even occasionally, will do--Putin, Chavez, Ahmadinejad, Nasrallah, Chirac, whoever.