[lbo-talk] Sadrism, in qualified defence of

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Aug 31 11:11:46 PDT 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 12:44, Doug Henwood wrote:
>How can someone whose base is poor Shiites
> unify such a diverse country?

This observation got me scratching my head a bit. Is it conceivable that _anybody_ could re-"unify" Iraq? Is that a possible scenario at all? If so, how would it work? And moreover, is it imperative that "unification" should happen? Personally, I prefer multi-ethnic and multi-religious states to the other kind, but whence arises the urgency of putting this particular Humpty Dumpty back together again?

--

Michael J. Smith

mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org