[lbo-talk] Vote on MoveOn's endorsement: U.S. Senate

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Aug 31 11:22:31 PDT 2006

[Jesse Lemisch had probs posting this, so I'm forwarding.]

From: "Jesse Lemisch" <utopia1 at attglobal.net> Date: August 31, 2006 12:51:57 PM EDT To: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> Subject: Fw: Vote on MoveOn's endorsement: U.S. Senate

Here it is, Doug.

Thanks, Jesse ----- Original Message ----- From: Jesse Lemisch To: Tom Matzzie, MoveOn.org Political Action Cc: lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 12:34 PM Subject: Re: Vote on MoveOn's endorsement: U.S. Senate

It's a good step that MoveOn seems to be responding to widespread feeling that it isn't democratic in its decisions. But this is transparently rigged against Tasini, presumably to produce a pro- Hillary vote.

1) with no prior announcement, and on the beginning of a holiday weekend, you throw this major decision at us.

2) you give us less than 24 hours.

Come on, guys, this is ridiculous. Do it again, and do it right.

Jesse Lemisch

----- Original Message ----- From: Tom Matzzie, MoveOn.org Political Action To: Jesse Lemisch Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:42 AM Subject: Vote on MoveOn's endorsement: U.S. Senate

**OFFICIAL BALLOT E-MAIL** Dear MoveOn member,

I know we've been in touch a lot this week, but we need your help making one more important decision. Who should MoveOn endorse in New York's U.S. Senate race?

Decisions about MoveOn endorsements are made by a direct vote of MoveOn members in the district or state. Voting for the MoveOn endorsement for U.S. Senate in New York starts now and is underway until 11:00 AM tomorrow, September 1.

The more people who participate, the better the decision will be—so please take a moment to vote now by clicking here:

http://pol.moveon.org/2006/nyprimary.html?id=8650-1275170- v7dYwDoZpmtjXd_Dvjmc2g&t=1

This is a big decision—your vote could determine whether MoveOn makes any endorsement in the New York Senate race. The two candidates are Hillary Rodham Clinton and Jonathan Tasini. You can read more about the candidates at the link above—including positions on issues, endorsements and background of the candidates.

The candidate who receives two-thirds of votes cast during the MoveOn endorsement process will win the endorsement. If no one wins two- thirds support, we won't endorse a candidate.

This ballot e-mail is not transferable. If you want to encourage your friends who are MoveOn members to vote, e-mail them separately and encourage them to look for their personal MoveOn ballot e-mail.

They must be New York residents and MoveOn members to vote in the online primary. Click below to cast your vote.

http://pol.moveon.org/2006/nyprimary.html?id=8650-1275170- v7dYwDoZpmtjXd_Dvjmc2g&t=2

Thanks for all you do.

We'll let you know the outcome tomorrow.

–Tom, Natalie, Wes, Eli and the MoveOn.org Political Action Team

Thursday, August 31st, 2006

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/ Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

===