[lbo-talk] more Foucault

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Aug 31 11:27:50 PDT 2006

On Aug 31, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:

> I've a big fan of F., but this just seems astonishingly naive to me.

I'm a big fan too. I posted that in part for that very reason - how someone as smart as him could make such a big mistake. But the second time around there's no excuse.

Yeah, of course Iran in the 70s is different from Iraq in the 00s, and the global political environment is pretty different as well. But there the same spirit of cheering on some scary forces for the transgressive thrill.

Doug